SOUTHSIDE BAND SCHEDULE
Week of May 7, 2018
Read this information on our blog at www.shs-band.com/blog
Spring Concert 6:00
Band Banquet 6:00
1. ROADBLOCK FUNDRAISER: We want to say a huge thank you to all of our parent volunteers who came out this weekend to help with the PMA’s roadblock in Rainbow City. We have one more scheduled for Sat. May 19th in Southside. If you can help, please call Morgan Smith.
2. MAY PMA BOOSTER MEETING: The PMA will elect its new Executive Board on Mon. May 14th at 7:00 pm. We hope to see you there!
3. SPRING CONCERT / SHOW ANNOUNCEMENT: Join us Monday May 7thin the Biddle Auditorium at 6pm for our annual Spring Concert featuring the Symphonic Band & Wind Ensemble’s wrap up of the 2017-18 school year. Admission is $5 and will go towards helping The PRIDE begin our 2018-halftime production. At the end of the concert, we will announce our very special, & very exciting show theme for next year. You don’t want to miss this!
4. BAND AWARDS BANQUET: The annual Band Banquet is Tuesday, May 8th in the Biddle Auditorium at 6 pm. After the awards ceremony, we’ll have a catered meal provided by Tre Ragazzi’s of Gadsden while the seniors give us their last will & testaments. Tickets for the dinner are now on sale for $12.50 & includes pasta, salad, bread, tea & a dessert. Please turn in all orders by May 3rd. RSVP Forms are online at http://www.shs-band.com/blog/annual-band-awards-banquet-may-8th-2018
5. SPRING SCRIMAGE GAME: The varsity football team’s spring scrimmage game will be Friday, May 18th at Barney Hood Stadium. The PRIDE (current 8-11th grade) will perform in the stands and use this as an opportunity for members of the band to meet our new incoming members and have fun. More information to follow.
6. READING BAND / ORIENTATION: Our annual reading band is for all members of next year’s band and will be held Monday, May 21st from 3:15 to 4:30 pm. This event is required for all members of next year’s band. This event is where we meet all of our new members & read through next year’s halftime show. Also on the 21st at 6 pm we will have our mandatory student/parent orientation meeting for the 2018 – 2019 band. Please bring a pen to fill out registration forms & money for tee shirts. Shirt order forms are online at http://www.shs-band.com/blog/2018-shirt-order-forms
7. ROOKIE CAMP: Rookie Camp will be Tuesday May 22nd – Thursday May 24th from 3:15 to 4:30 pm at the high school band room. Rookie Camp is for all 1st or 2nd year marchers & our student leadership team. This camp is where we will teach all of our new members how to march. Please bring water jugs, sunscreen, shorts and athletic shoes as we will be outside for most of this time.
Leave a Reply.