BAND SCHEDULE – WEEK OF: October 17th, 2016
Symphonic Band Rehearsal (with percussion): 3-5pm
The PRIDE Music Association Booster Meeting: 7PM
Wind Ensemble Rehearsal (with percussion): 3-5pm
*Moved to accommodate NHS Field Trip
Marching Band Rehearsal: 3:15 – 5pm
FRI 10/21 – SOUTHSIDE vs. ALBERTVILLE
Report Time: 5:15pm seated and dressed (halves) in band room
Pregame Show: 6:45pm
Kick Off: 7:00pm GO PANTHERS!
Dismissal: Students will be dismissed as a group once we have returned to the band room.
1. Band Calendar: There are printable versions of each months calendar available online at: http://www.shs-band.com/calendar.html
a. ***Please note that both the Symphonic Band & Wind Ensemble will begin having after school rehearsals with their percussion sections in preparation for our fall concert. Check the calendar for exact dates.
2. Practice Records: Practice records are due Monday each week for all Symphonic Band & Wind Ensemble members. Symphonic Band records should be turned into Mrs. Palmer; Wind Ensemble records should be turned into Mr. Weaver.
3. Student Committees: Every student has been added to a special committee with an important assignment. There are three teams or shifts for each committee. http://www.shs-band.com/blog/2016-marching-band-student-committees
4. Parent Check Out Notes: Parents who wish to take their children home after Midsouth may do so by signing out their child with Mrs. Hamilton at Bus 1. Students must turn in a signed note to the band office by Friday morning stating that their parents will check them out. Parents may also send the directors an email stating that they will check out their child. Students will only be allowed to leave with a parent or legal guardian.
5. Fall Concert Coming Soon: Our 1st ever Fall Concert is coming up fast! Mark your calendars for November 1st at 6pm and start practicing now! Students will need their concert instruments in class every day beginning this week in preparation.
Leave a Reply.